Effective Date: January 7, 2022.
Information we collect
Sciative Solutions collects personal data in the course of its business activities, including in connection with some client services. We also collect personal data on certain areas of the Sites when you register for or apply for jobs through the Sciative Solutions Recruitment Portal, create a user profile, register for Sciative Solutions newsletters and alerts, participate in our alumni activities through our Alumni Center Website, sign up for conferences and events, and/or participate in public user posting areas (such as bulletin boards, discussion forums and surveys). The personal data collected varies and may include information that you provide, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, and background information required to apply for a job.
We may also automatically collect information about the devices you use to interact with our Sites. The information we automatically collect may include IP address, device identifier, web browser, and browsing information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, clear gifs, and other similar technologies (collectively “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies”) on our Sites. We may also automatically collect information about how you use the Sites, such as what you have searched for and viewed on the Sites. The information automatically collected may be associated with a unique identifier as well as with any other personal data you have provided.
Sciative Solutions may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as data brokers or aggregators, in the course of its business activities including in connection with some client services. This includes demographic, professional and other information that is publicly available online, including information you choose to make public through social media platforms and other public online forums. We may combine this data with existing information we have about you or use it independently, for the purposes of our benchmarking and data analytics activities (e.g., analysis of recruiting practices across an industry, detecting fraud patterns in connection with financial transactions, foot traffic in retail environments). We will always seek to confirm that the third party has provided transparent information about its use of this data, including its disclosure to third parties like Sciative Solutions, in compliance with applicable law.
Use of information
Use of information collected via mobile devices
In connection with our mobile applications, Sciative Solutions may use third party service providers to analyze user activity to fix errors, monitor usage, and improve the performance of the mobile applications. For example, Sciative Solutions receives reports on some of our mobile applications’ aggregate usage and browsing patterns, including information about the type of device used, articles accessed, and other events occurring within our apps. Sciative Solutions also receives reports on certain errors occurring within mobile applications. In addition, our Sciative Solutions Insights app offers a personalized list of recommendations (called “Insights for you”) directing you to Sciative Solutions content that we think you will find interesting. Recommendations are based solely on what you have viewed in the Insights app. A unique user identifier that is generated by the app helps personalize your app experience and tracks the articles that you read in the app. We do not share your viewing history or trends through the Insights app with other users or any external third parties (i.e., persons or entities that are not affiliates or third party service providers of Sciative Solutions).
The legal basis by which we process your personal data
Our processing of your personal data for the purposes mentioned above is based:
- In part, on our legitimate interests in promoting and protecting Sciative Solutions, building and maintaining relationships. recruitment, and providing our services;
- in part, on your consent, for example if you create a user profile, or register for our newsletters or alerts, or for business purposes that support web operations such as understanding and enhancing the quality of your experience on our web-sites;
- in part, to comply with the law, when certain information is necessary to satisfy our legal or regulatory obligations.
Disclosure of personal data: data recipients and international data transfers
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process;
- To law enforcement authorities or other government officials;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- If disclosure is necessary to protect the vital interests of a person;
- To protect our property, services and legal rights;
- To prevent fraud against Sciative Solutions, our subsidiaries, affiliates and/or business partners;
- To support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; or
- To comply with any and all applicable laws.